Sunday, January 6, 2013




This Osage Orange bottle opener has a pewter head.  As I was turning it, I found this beautiful swirl pattern in the grain that I wanted to keep and highlight. That I why it is shaped like a cone. It also reminds me of the orange cones from my days racing SCCA Solo events and the many cones that I hit on the track.

This piece is about 6-3/8 inches long and the wood is just short of 4 inches.

This piece is $30.  If interested, please use the contact information found in the about me or contact section of the blog.

Argentinian Osage Orange (maclura tinctoria), heartwood is golden to bright yellow, which almost certainly ages to a darker medium brown with time: primarily due to exposure to UV light. It is found in tropical America - West Indies, Central America and norther portion of South America

No comments: